Research Study Participation
Patients in this practice will be invited to join a research study run by University College London (UCL) and University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH).
Who will be invited?
- People from this practice aged 50 to 77.
What is involved?
- A letter will be sent to you by your GP, with a phone number to call.
- Depending on your responses to some questions over the phone, you may be invited to attend a Lung Health Check (where your lung health will be assessed) or you may be invited to attend a study appointment in your local area.
- You may be offered a scan of your lungs (called a CT scan) and be asked to give a blood sample as part of the study, or you may be asked to give a blood sample and fill out a questionnaire.
- The study is entirely voluntary and you do not have to participate if you do not wish to do so.
Staff at UCL and UCLH are organising the appointments for the research study
- For this to happen, this GP practice will securely share the names and addresses of potentially eligible individuals with the study team.
- The study team will invite people and coordinate study appointments. They will keep the details of everyone they invite for a period of up to 10 years, in order to collect important health-related information and help develop health services for the future.
- Strict security measures will ensure your information is kept safe and confidential.
OPT OUT: Please let reception staff know if you DO NOT want the study team to have your information. Opting out WILL NOT affect any of your future care. You will continue to be invited for other NHS appointments and activities.
Further details are available at: www.summitstudy.co.uk
We are a group practice working from a purpose-built health centre which has easy access for the disabled and ample parking.
The building also houses other Primary Care Trust services such as district nursing, health visiting, midwifery, physiotherapy, speech therapy and podiatry. This provides an ideal basis for a primary health care team approach to problems.
The practice is dedicated to providing a high level of medical care for our patients. We continuously strive to improve our services by encouraging staff attendance on update courses, organising in-house teaching sessions and audits for all staff.
The practice is within the Redbridge Primary Care Trust area.
Newbury Group Practice
Newbury Park Health Centre,
40 Perrymans Farm Road,
We have three telephone lines:
020 8554 3944
020 8554 1094
Dr F Clarke, J Sood, F Dharmakeerthi, K Desai & N Mehjabeen
Reception Opening Hours
The reception is open during the following times (except Bank Holidays):
Surgery Opening Hours
Doctor consultation hours are as following times (except Bank Holidays):
More pressure is placed upon the NHS during the winter months
How can you help?
At the first sign of illness, seek advice from your pharmacist. Don’t wait until it becomes severe
You are eligible for the free flu vaccine if you are pregnant, are aged 65 years or over, have a long term health condition*, or are a carer. Children aged 2 or 3 years are also eligible. Make sure you have had yours
You have access to medical care in the community from 8am – 10pm each weekday
(The surgery is open until 6:30pm each evening and the out of Hours hub operates from 6:30pm – 10:00pm)
If urgent on the day, call the surgery 0208 554 1094 or come in, bookings are taken at 8am the hub can be contacted from 2pm on 0203 770 1888
The surgery is closed Monday 25th December, Tuesday 26th December, Monday 1st January
Please make sure that you have enough medicines to cover the holiday period
If you wouldn’t call 999, don’t go to A&E
You can book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view your medical records online.
To use EMIS Patient Access you will need a Practice ID number and Access ID number which is obtained from the practice, and, in conjunction with a password, will be unique to you.
Click on the link below to login.
PLEASE HELP THE SURGERY TO STOP WASTED APPOINTMENTS BY CANCELLING YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND
Ways to cancel without coming in or waiting on the telephone to speak to a receptionist
- Register for online access and cancel via your computer screen
- Using your telephone keypad, call the surgery number and select option 1
- Leave a voicemail, choose option 2 and then 0
All options are available 24 hours every day